Here at Data McFly, we love our name, but we get asked every time if we're related to Data or Marty McFly, which leads us to go into the history of our name:
When we first built the API that would become Data McFly, we called it
DataGarde, but there's already a similarly named company, so then the project became
Mongoly, but that never felt right either, so finally after demoing our API to some developers, they gave us this comment:
Your API makes our data fly
From there, we grew into Data McFly, but since we don't want to keep telling this story every single time, we've decided to have a name change. And the name itself took a lot of thought, before we settled on one that worked.
Data McFly is still the company behind our service, but starting today, our service is known as FlyBase, while the current URLs still work, as well as the current libraries, we'll also be releasing our libraries to use the new FlyBase URLs.
We're still moving some samples and tutorials over, but they'll come together shortly, remember all code still works, we haven't killed any existing libraries or API URLs, we've just grown up a little :)